-

Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 October 2014

I was not sacked, my contract expired - Keshi

Stephen Keshi has berated Nigerian journalists for the way they are reporting his exit as the national coach of the super eagles.

Keshi said the NFF could not have sacked him because he had no contract with them at the time he stopped being the coach of the super eagles.

“I am not happy with the way media people are reporting this to the public, because I don’t understand how you would fire someone that has no contract.   “My contract expired after the World Cup in Brazil, and I never made any effort for my contract to be renewed because of so many issues on the ground.   “I have accepted my fate, and I would move on with my life, but I want to make it clear that I was never sacked because I had  no contract,” Keshi said.



He also denied reports that he was into talks with three African countries who are interested in employing him to coach their national teams.

''I have never told anybody that three African countries are looking for me, and as far as I’m concerned, no nation has called me for any talk,” he added.

Nigeria at present has four points after three matches; and must win the next two matches against Congo and South Africa to qualify for the AFCON tournament in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment