-

Total Pageviews

Friday 13 March 2015

Late Apple Boss, Steve Jobs, was offered part of a healthy liver but turned down the offer

Tim Cook and Late Steve Jobs
 
Apple’s CEO Tim Cook once offered part of his liver to his visionary boss, Steve Jobs, two years before he died of cancer, according a new biography.
 
The co-founder of the computer giant was in desperate need of a liver transplant in 2009 as he battled pancreatic cancer.
 
In the new 'Becoming Steve Jobs' book it claims Cook learnt he shared the same rare blood type as Jobs.
 
He visited the then Apple CEO at his home in Palo Alto, California to discuss his offer.


He told Jobs: "Steve, I'm perfectly healthy. I can do this and I’m not putting myself at risk; I'll be fine."
 
However his incredible generosity was eventually declined by Jobs.
 
Cook said his boss "popped up in bed" told him: "No, I'm not doing that."
 
"He cut me off at the legs, almost before the words were out of my mouth,” explained Cook.
Jobs told his protégé: "No. I’ll never let you do that. I'll never do that."
 
Cook said: "Somebody that's selfish doesn't reply like that."
 
Despite the severity of his illness Steve Jobs worked on Apple on the last very last day of his life, phoning colleagues from the confines of his bed with new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment