-

Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 April 2015

Grandma left with terrible gaping hole in leg after tattoo went terribly wrong (graphic photos)

 
A grandmother of five who decided to ink a tribute to her grandchildren was forced to undergo emergency surgery after the tattoo went horribly wrong.
 
Sally Lutkin, 49, of Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire, was bed-bound for a week after getting the names of grandkids Harvey, seven, Harvey Junior, six, and Cooper, one, tattooed on her left ankle in November 2013.
 
The tattoo quickly swelled up, forcing Sally to rush to A&E where she went under the knife to stop the infection spreading to her bone.
 
The horrific infection left a gruesome bloody hole in the middle of her rose design and she has been left with a lasting scar as a horrible reminder of her ordeal.

Sally said: "It really upset me because it is something that I wanted just for me and it really did not turn out that way.
"I was in the hospital for a week and it was so difficult because it's the longest I've ever been away from my babies.
"They had to operate before the infection spread down to the bone and I don't know what would have happened if they had not caught it earlier.
"The pain was horrendous - it was indescribable. I was in agony and the swelling was so bad that I couldn't walk."
 
Daughter Laura, 28, noticed that the tattoo was turning red the day after the needle work was complete - but cleaner Sally, who has five children, dismissed it.
 
But she was horrified when the symptoms worsened with her leg swelling until she could no longer walk.
 
Her labourer husband Peter, 57, rushed her to the hospital and she remained there for a week while she battled the nightmare infection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment