-

Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 February 2015

Tennis Star said Rape is Enjoyable, Victim Tells Court

The third of former tennis doubles star Bob Hewitt’s alleged victims took the stand at the South Gauteng High Court, sitting in Palm Ridge, on Wednesday.
 
The woman, whose identity is protected, described the sexual abuse she allegedly faced at the hands of Hewitt who was her tennis coach at the time. He gave her private tennis lessons from age 14 to 17
 
“At a private lesson, he was quite jovial… we were discussing tactics, and he said to me ‘rape is enjoyable in all cases and if I rape you, you need to lie down and enjoy it’,” she told the court.
 
“…By the time I got home he had phoned my mother and told her he doesn’t think I have the mental toughness for tennis.”
 
She added Hewitt often rubbed against her inappropriately and would scold her if she moved away.
 
“I would try to pull away from him, he would get angry. I could feel him rubbing himself up and down behind me.
 
“I could feel something hard on my back, which I assume, now as an adult, was an erection.”
 
Hewitt, a former tennis doubles Grand Slam champion, faces two charges of rape and one of indecent assault. He has pleaded not guilty and repeatedly denied all allegations.  Other victims who had also accused him before the court are Tolkem and Suellen Sheehan.
 
Tolken testified that Hewitt forced her to perform oral sex on him when she was 12 and 13. She said he touched her inappropriately and raped her at Sun City.
 
Sheehan said Hewitt raped her in his car under some trees before tennis practice in Boksburg one day in 1982, when she was 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment