-

Total Pageviews

Friday 14 November 2014

As a Minister, sometimes I could not pay my mother's rent - Obiageli Ezekwesili

Obiageli Ezekwesili who was an invited guest at the National Convention of the Foursquare Gospel Church, which took place at the Foursquare Camp, Ajebo, Ogun State said when she was a minister, there were times she could not pay her mother's rent.  She said integrity comes with its cost.
 

“There were times I couldn’t pay my mother’s rent, not because I couldn’t make a choice and build her a mansion. When I was in government, we had to withdraw our three children from their school to Baptist Special School. I was (just) answering big titles. Some of you would have said, ‘They are eating our money’. May God save those who speak without knowledge! I am not saying this so that you can say I am holy, I have my shortcomings''.
 
“I had to ask God to help me identify scriptural verses and the heroes and heroines that made the right choices when it was required. My foundation was strong in the areas of values. My father would say to us, ‘A good name is better than gold and all the riches of the earth.’ Man is incapable of giving me anything God has not given to me,’’ she added.
 
“Integrity will cost you a lot. Anyone who talks about integrity without the cost is preaching what I do not know about. Integrity can require a supreme cost from you. You will be persecuted for making the choice of integrity but make that choice nonetheless,’’ she said.
 
When asked why she is campaigning for the Chibok girls, Obby said she chose to be an advocate for the girls because she could not pretend as if nothing happened.  She said the 219 children  from poor homes reminded her of her background and where she came out from.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. No wonder why she is what she is now. Any regrets Madam!

    ReplyDelete