-

Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 October 2014

Update: Father who abandoned his three children for 8 years gives reasons why

Two days ago, there was a story (also featured on this blog) of a father, Mr. Segun Adepegba who is said to have abandoned his three children (Seun 14, Titilola 13 and Seyi 10) in a boarding school since the last eight years.
 
While narrating his own side of the story to Punch, Mr. Adepegba said hardship pushed him to abandoned the children.
 
He said, ''In 2007, my wife and I had a misunderstanding and she told me she was leaving me. I was frustrated and the children were little. Seyi, the youngest was just two years while Titilola was just five.  “There was no way I could give them motherly care. I had no job. As a man, I needed someone to help me take care of them and that was why my sister suggested that we enrol them in a boarding school.”
 
 

 
But when asked the reason for not showing up at the school for the past eight years he said, “I feared that if I suddenly appeared at the school, the proprietor would get the police to arrest me. I really appreciate the proprietor of Solid Rock Model College, for coming to my rescue and accepting the responsibility to help me take care of   my children. The truth is this: I was pushed to the wall. I didn’t want my children to be beggars on the street.  “All these years, I have been jobless. I had no house to live in. I was putting up with someone. I just rented a one-room apartment and just got a job. I am not a wicked father. I really miss them but I am gradually overcoming the challenges I have been facing. I did not abandon them in that sense. I can assure you that before the week runs out, I will visit them.”
 
He also said he has not seen nor spoken with his wife since she left in 2007.
 
The school authority says they have no intention of arresting Mr. Adepegba nor sending the children away from the school.  But that they got angry when he refused for eight years to come and see the children or pick calls any time the school tries to reach him.
 
The children are said to be extremely happy that their father has promised to come and visit them before the end of the week.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment