-

Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 November 2014

I did not meet Cynthia Osokogwu on facebook, she was my girlfriend and we were planning to get married - suspected killer

Okwumo Mwabufo, the first defendant on Friday told a Lagos High Court sitting at Igbosere that he and the deceased Cynthia Osokogwu were lovers who were planning to get married.
 
He also informed the court that they met at Shoprite Lekki in 2011 where they exchanged telephone number.  And not on facebook as alleged.  And that he once visited her at Abuja where they both met at his hotel.
 
He said, “Cynthia was my girlfriend, we were  close as the way lovers are before they get married, she visited me often in Lagos, she had been to my house up to five times. I have been very helpful to her, doing everything a boyfriend can do to his girlfriend like monetary support, moral support and advising her always''.
 
 

“I promised her that I would marry her and she accepted, but told me it was still early, that I should wait till Christmas when I would visit her parents in Delta State. Everything about us was going well till the day I heard about her death. I was so devastated, I was crying asking why should it be her and who must have done this. The police didn’t give me chance to express my feelings and they made me look like a murderer,”.  But when asked to give the birthday of the deceased or the date he proposed to her, he could not give these information.
 
He also told the court that on July 21. 2012, he received a phone call from her telling him that she would be visiting Lagos and would be lodging at the Cosmilla Hotel, Lake View Estate, Festac Town.  And that he should come and see her at the hotel.
 
During cross examination, he insisted he does not have a facebook account and he never told the police he has one.  He also denied knowing the drug Ryhophnol and putting same in the deceased drink.  He said all stories said so far are all fabricated allegations against him. 
 
The case has been adjourned to December 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment