-

Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 October 2014

51 year-old mother arrested with 1.7kg of cocaine

An official statement from the NDLEA's head of Public Affairs, Ofoyeju Mitchell states that a 51year old single mother was arrested during an outward screening of passengers on an Emirate flight to China.
 
According to the agency, the mother of four, Muyinotu Alade hid the drugs in a body cream bottle.  During a search, she was discovered to have with her 150 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.725kg and 150 wraps of heroin weighting 1.712kg.  In her statement the suspect said she was offered $4000 to smuggle the drugs into China.
 
 

 
''I used to import clothes from Dubai and China when my business was going well.  I even had a shop in Balogun market.  My problem started when I lost my shop and was unable to rent another one.  Since the things had gone from bad to worse''.
 
''My major concern is that I have four children living with me and I am separated from my husband.  It was a friend that introduce me to the people that gave me the drugs.  They bought my return ticket and offered me $4000''.
 
The Chairman of the  NDLEA once again informed the general public that China is one of the countries with capital punishment  for drug trafficking.  And that it was unfortunate that a mother of four got involved in such a criminal act.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment