-

Total Pageviews

Friday 31 October 2014

I smuggled cocaine to be able to foot my father's burial - Drug Trafficker

A drug trafficker, Kingsley Agu, 32, who was arrested yesterday at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport during the screening of an inward Emirate flight from Dubai, with substance suspected to be cocaine has cried out saying, he took to smuggling drugs so as to be able to foot his dead father's burial.
 
He said he was trading in Aba, Abia State before he was lured into drug trafficking by economic hardship.
 
Agu, Okoye and Ezenne

He said, “I was born in Enugu. I sell clothes at Aba market. I travelled to Brazil in April 2014 because my business was not doing well. The few months I spent in Brazil were even worse than here in Nigeria. While in Brazil, my father died and I had no money for my flight ticket. Bringing cocaine to Nigeria was my last hope of raising some money for my dad’s funeral. I was to be paid N800, 000 for the assignment.”
 
Other suspects also arrested for the same offence are Ezenne, 28, and Okoye both native of Anambra State.  They also stated that the economic hardship pushed them into the illegal act.
 
The NDLEA Public Relations Officer, Mr. Michell Ofoyeju, confirmed the arrests.  He described the seized substance as a high grade.  He said, “Three suspected drug traffickers have been apprehended by the narcotic control agency for smuggling the drug from Brazil through Abu Dhabi. The estimated street value of the seized cocaine is about N131m. The high grade Brazilian cocaine was hidden inside female foot wears and laptop bags.
 
“Ezenne was found with 11.3kg of cocaine, Agu had in his possession 1.65kg while Okoye was found with 1.67kg. The total quantity of cocaine seized from them is 14.65kg. Agu and Okoye were apprehended during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Dubai, Abu Dhabi while the third suspect, Ezenne, boarded a Qatar flight.”
 
The agency’s Chairman, Mr. Ahmadu Giade lauded the on going war against drug trafficking at the airport, adding that “the suspects will soon be charged to court.”

No comments:

Post a Comment