-

Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 November 2014

World's Tallest man meets World's Shortest man at the Guniess World Records Day 2014

Today, Thursday is the Guinness World Records Day 2014.  And the world's tallest man and the world's shortest man met for the very first time in London.
 
World's Tallest Man
 
Sultan Kosen, 31-year-old farmer from Turkey stands at 8-foot-9, became the world's tallest man in 2009 taking the title from China Xi Shun who stood at 7-foot-9.
 
World's Shortest Man
 
The holder of this title is Nepal Chandra Dangi, 71years.  He stands at 21.5 inches tall, which makes him the same size as six stacked cans of baked beans.

More photo after the cut
Even though he is short and I am tall, we have had similar struggles throughout our lives and when I look into Chandra's eyes, I can see he's a good man," said Chandra,   "It's been a lifelong dream to travel and becoming a Guinness World Records title holder, it has enabled me to do that. I'm honored to be in London, I've always wanted to visit and the fact I get to meet Sultan is special," he added. "It makes me extremely proud to represent Nepal all around the world, I'm extremely humbled by the support I receive." stated Chandra Dangi.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment