-

Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 December 2014

Al Qaeda in a new video threatens to execute British born American journalist

Yemini affiliate of Al Qaeda has released a three-minute video showing 33-year-old Luke Somers, a British born American journalist.
 
In the video Al Qaeda threatens to kill the journalist within three days if the US government refused to see to their demands.
 
The broadcast featuring Nasser bin Ali al Ansi, a senior official in Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) warns President Obama to either accept their groups demands or have the hostage Luke Somers meet the inevitable fate.  In the video, Nasser bin Al with his face uncovered reads out demands in Arabic.
 
 
British born American journalist Luke Somers
 
 
Nasser bin Ali al Ansi, Senior official in Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula
 
In the video, Luke Somers addressed the camera saying, ‘My name is Luke Somers. I'm 33 years old. I was born in England, but I carry American citizenship and have lived in America for most of my life.   'It's now been well over a year since I've been kidnapped in Sana'a. Basically, I'm looking for any help that can get me out of this situation. I'm certain that my life is in danger.   'So as I sit here now, I ask if anything can be done, please let it be done. Thank you very much.’’
 
Mr. Somer was captured in the Yemeni capital Sana’a in September 2013.  He is said to have moved from England to Sana’a in 2011 as a teacher, but soon started taking photographs of anti-government protests in the city and eventually got a job as a photo-journalist with the Yemen Times.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment