-

Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 October 2014

My death will not join the list of unsolved murders in Nigeria - Festus Keyamo

Festus Keyamo, a Lagos State based lawyer has sent a letter dated 29 October, 2014 to the Inspector General of Police and the Director General State Security Services alleging that his life is in danger as a result of threats from Mr. Government Ekpemupolo alias Tompolo who had threatened to either beat him or shoot him to death.
 
The reasons being that Mr. Festus Keyamo has agreed to take a case involving one George Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's brother.
 
 

Keyamo is claiming that the case against Mr. George Ekpemupolo is that he was illegally substituted for one Mr. Weyinmi Omadeli 48 hours to the Warri South-West Local Government Area elections held on Saturday.
 
He said in the petition that Tompolo telephoned him on Tuesday 28 October, 2014 at 10.13pm and said they will kill him either by beating or shooting him.
 
Keyamo wrote in the letter,  “I know the subject of this petition, Tompolo, is a favoured citizen of this government, and I am not. I know Tompolo is close to those in power at the moment, whereas I am an ordinary citizen. I know Tompolo has money and influence (which are factors that are widely acknowledged to aid a suspect walk away with murder in Nigeria), but I have none of these. I know Tompolo has instrument to kill human beings, and I have none.
 
“I am making the petition public so that when the police refuse to attend to my complaint and outcry, the ordinary people of this country will, at least, know from where my death came and I will not join the long list of unresolved murders. My killer, should, at least be known.”

No comments:

Post a Comment